Answers to yesterday’s quiz: How Well Do You Know...Queen Victoria’s Grandsons?
1. Which of Queen Victoria’s grandsons was the first member of the Royal Family to incur a speeding fine?
Maurice of Battenberg
2. What was the name of the curate of Whippingham church whom Queen Victoria selected as tutor to Eddy and George of Wales?
John Dalton Neale
3. Who was known to his siblings as ‘Kiki’?
Christian Victor (Christle) of Schleswig-Holstein
4. Which of Queen Victoria’s grandsons was the first royal prince to attend Eton College?
Arthur of Connaught
5. What nicknames were given to Eddy and George of Wales by their fellow sea cadets?
The herring and the sprat
6. Where did Wilhelm and Henry of Prussia spend two years in a public school?
7. Who, according to Vicky, was ‘too inexperienced and heedless and giddy to resist temptations’ at the Potsdam Military Training Academy?
Alfred of Edinburgh
8. Which two grandsons attended the Board of Trade’s inquiry into the Titanic disaster?
Maurice of Battenberg & Albert of Schleswig-Holstein
9. What did Wilhelm of Prussia and his cousin Albert of Schleswig-Holstein do to calm their anxiety when they first heard of the telegram from Austria to Serbia which would precipitate the First World War?
Bathe the dogs
10. How did George V fracture his pelvis during the First World War?
His horse reared and threw him during a review of the troops
11. Which of the grandsons was imprisoned in a former Serbian prisoner-of-war camp?
Charles Edward of Albany/Coburg
12. Who was the first member of the Royal Family to take up a career in business, beginning as an ordinary clerk with Lazard Brothers?
Post a Comment